Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ronbo Ronbo is offline

Default Renamed invalid sheet name

I have a routine that opens a workbook to access data and then closes it. It
has worked fine for years with XP and Excel 2000. Since changing to Win 7
and Excel 2003 it will no longer automatically open. A warning box appears
"Repairs to 'Workbook'" and the message "Renamed invalid sheet name". After
closing the message box it renames the worksheet to "Recovered_Sheet 1" and
opens the workbook. However, this is a manual process and I need it to be
automated as before.

What I have found (I believe) is that if the file name includes "/" in 2003,
it will not automatically open as it does in 2000.

I have tried "DisplayAlets = False" but that does not work and have look
here and Googled the problem but have not come up with a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ronbo