Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default 400 Error

Hi Brett,

Answers by Mike and Jacob are correct in that it is almost never necessary
to select a range to process the data in those ranges. However, perhaps an
explanation as to why you cannot select the range. My guess is that the code
is in the Sheet1 Module and because of this, any reference to a range
defaults to Sheet1 unless specified otherwise. Therefore use With / End With
to tie the ranges to the required Parent sheet.

Because you are selecting Range("E1") on Sheets("Times tables") after the
ClearContents code I thought that maybe you have a valid reason to select in
this case so that it is then ready for the user to continue with whatever
needs to be done next and hense my real reason for this answer.

Sub Button19_Click()
Dim name As String
Dim pswd As String

name = Sheet1.TextBox1.Value