Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dungan dan dungan is offline

Default How to populate a combo box with filtered data from a named range

Answers below inline:

So you choose one of the companyid/companyName choices from the first combobox.
Then you display another combobox/listbox of the contacts for that company,
right?

Right!

Each company is defined by the companyid field. *

Yes.

Each companyid has at least 1 contact, but may have several contacts. Yes

After the user chooses the company, what gets populated?

Is it a listbox with all the possible contacts. . .

I was trying to use a combobox, but I don't really understand when to
use a combobox or when to use lisbox. All I need to show is the first
and last name so the user can choose the person that will eventually
get an email.

Or is it a worksheet (based on the activecell???) gets all the contact info for
each of the contacts that match the companyid?

The worksheet is a form. So I just realized I only need the CompanyId
and ContactID to be populated in the worksheet.

A2=Company Id
B2=ContactID

Then I import this and the quote data to Access and print the quote
from a report. Right now all I have is the company name. But I need to
add the contact so we can send the emails from access and so the quote
will have the contact's name, phone number and email address.

If you show a listbox, then what gets shown in that listbox--how many columns?

The user needs to see the company name and the contact first and last
name so they can choose the company and contact they are going to
quote.

Can that secondary listbox have multiple selected items--or just one?

Just one

Thanks again for your help.

Dan