George Gee

52,000 is a lot of entries!
First thing I would do is to make a copy of the file and work with that,
until you get the results you want.

You could use 'Autofilter'.

Select one of the cells in your list, then
Data Filter Autofilter.

If you wish to find the number of entries by a certain artist,
click the down arrow in the 'Artist' column, find the artist in the dropdown
list that you see, and click on it, Excel will display all entries by that
artist.

To display all entries: Data Filter Show All.

HTH

George Gee

G3£Wh)zZ@ wrote:
I have just finished typing my entire cd collection into a excel
database which comprises of Artist , Song, Cd Title, duration , year
of release.

There is over 52,000 entries in the database.

First of all i would like excel to count how many songs i have by a
artist and display this in one of the columns.

Is this possible?

Then secondly i am a dj and i have the entire uk top 40 charts also on
excel, if possible i would love to create a new database using my cd
collection database and the chart database
to work out and to display what songs i don`t have, is this possible
as well.

Many thanks.