Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Unger Dave Unger is offline

Default Class module memory leak?

Hello JLGWhiz

Thanks for your reply.

The best that I can tell you is that Stack Overflow and Out of Memory
messages usually indicate some poorly written code. *Infinite loops, self
perpetuating event code, etc. can all cause these kinds of messages. *There
are some discussions on then on the web if you search for them.

You're absolutely right, and I'm embarrased! Before posting this, the
application did seem to be operating OK when run "normally". However,
right after posting this, I fired it up again, and immediately got an
"out of stack space" message. This had not happened before (and I've
been working on this for a few days).

Sure enough, it was stuck in a loop - a typo in a property Let
statement was constantly updating the property instead of the
variable, I'm sorry to have troubled you about this, my only (poor)
excuse for not picking up on this right away is my lack of experience
working with class modules,

Again, thanks so much for your reply,

Dave U