DavidA

The data appears in the wrong cell in the wrong worksheet but upon close
investigation can be traced to another cell on another worksheet within the
same workbook. There is no formula in the offending cell.
The cell then corrupts the total of the column it is falsely appearing in.

The originating cell for the erroneous data is usually an =sum() formula.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to describe!

"Bill Manville" wrote:

DavidA wrote:
Occasionally when a new budget is entered the links carry data into
the wrong summary worksheet cells and corrupt the total data

To enable us to help you I think we will need more information.
What is the formula in the cell that gets the "wrong" data.
What is the data in the cells that are referenced by that formula.
Why are you expecting something different?

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England