Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matthew Herbert[_3_] Matthew Herbert[_3_] is offline

Default Sort data to show in a series 1,2,3

Holly,

Which version of Excel are you using? I'm using Office 2007 and it allows
you to apply a custom sort to data that has been filtered.

As a quick, general thought, you could copy the visible data to another
worksheet and then sort the copied data. If you customize the toolbar (or
QAT), you can find a control called "Select Visible Cells" that will allow
you to select only visible data.

Let me know if this helps.

Best,

Matthew Herbert

"HOLLY" wrote:

We have a large worksheet used by many users that may have various filters on
various columns at any given time. Column A contains data 0 thru 8. I need
code to add to a macro that will sort the worksheet by the VISIBLE data in
Col A as follows: 0 must always be at the top, then the first visible row
with a 1 would be next, then the first visible row with a 2, then the next
row a 1, then a 2, etc...the remaining rows with 3-8 may just show in
ascending order all 3's, all 4's etc...so that column A will look like
0,0,0,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,3,3,3,4,4,4,....etc
This would be a great help.
--
Holly