Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Take Up A Collection

Thanks Rick!
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Two things... first, I would probably declare the argument to your
AvgCollection function as Collection instead of Variant and, second, you
don't need to maintain a separate Counter to count the elements in the
Collection as Collections have a Count property. This is how I would modify
your function...

Function AvgCollection(col As Collection) As Double
Dim c As Variant
Dim dblSum As Double
For Each c In col
dblSum = dblSum + c
Next
AvgCollection = dblSum / col.Count
End Function

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Ryan H" wrote in message
Is your collection a collection of range values? That's what I assumed.
Not
sure if this is the easiest way, but it worked for me.
Sub test()

Dim coll As Collection

Set coll = New Collection
With coll
.Add Range("A1").Value
.Add Range("A2").Value
.Add Range("A3").Value
.Add Range("A4").Value
End With

MsgBox AvgCollection(coll)

End Sub

Function AvgCollection(col As Variant) As Double

Dim c As Variant
Dim dblSum As Double
Dim counter As Long

For Each c In col
dblSum = dblSum + c
counter = counter + 1
Next c

AvgCollection = dblSum / counter

End Function

--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

I have some code that is passed a Collection of positive values. What is
the
easiest way to average the values ?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001