Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Crandal Robert Crandal is offline

Default Open files with same name?

I was able to find an option called "Ignore other applications
that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)". Was this the same
thing you mention below??

Also, I went ahead and set the above option, but when I
double on ANY macro enabled file I get an error message
that said something like "Excel cannot find the file".

BTW, I'm using Excel 2007

Set options in Excel for "ignore other applications.

Have your workbook open in an instance of Excel.

Then open your same named workbook from its folder by double-click......do
not go through FileOpen.

You will start a new instance of Excel and open the same file in the new
instance but you will get the "locked for editing" message and can open in
"read only" mode.