Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Open files with same name?

Set options in Excel for "ignore other applications.

Have your workbook open in an instance of Excel.

Then open your same named workbook from its folder by double-click......do
not go through FileOpen.

You will start a new instance of Excel and open the same file in the new
instance but you will get the "locked for editing" message and can open in
"read only" mode.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 22:39:24 -0700, "Robert Crandal"
wrote:

I was hoping Excel had a "open doc in new instance" setting
somewhere, because renaming the files temporarily will not
work in my case or will be too inconvenient for users.

"Tim Williams" wrote in message

Rename one of them temporarily ?

Tim