Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Dave is offline

Default Mixing data from 2 different tables

OK, this is trickier than it sounds. Table A has a list of situations and a
step-by-step list of categories. Example:

Situation Order Ruleset
User Clicks OK 1 Ruleset A
User Clicks OK 2 Ruleset B
User Clicks OK 3 Ruleset D
User Clicks OK 4 Ruleset X
User Clicks OK 5 Ruleset A <== That's right, same ruleset can
show up twice in list

Only showing one "Situation", but there would be many.

Then, there is another table of Rules in each Ruleset. Example:

Ruleset Rule Details of Rule
RulesetA Rule 1A bla, bla
RulesetA Rule 2A yada yada
RulesetA Rule 3A ho hum
RulesetB Rule 1B you get the picture

OK, so my goal is to have these separate lists and then COMBINE THEM to look
something like:

Situation Order Ruleset
User Clicks OK 1 Ruleset A
RulesetA Rule 1A bla, bla
RulesetA Rule 2A yada yada
RulesetA Rule 3A ho hum
User Clicks OK 2 Ruleset B
RulesetB Rule 1B you get the picture
User Clicks OK 3 Ruleset D
User Clicks OK 4 Ruleset X
User Clicks OK 5 Ruleset A
RulesetA Rule 1A bla, bla
RulesetA Rule 2A yada yada
RulesetA Rule 3A ho hum

The list of Rules is something that will change alot and need to be updated.
I want to be able to generate the combined list. I was thinking there might
be a way to trick a Pivot Table to do it, but so far the solution eludes me.
--

Much appreciated,

Dave