Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default error while running macro, but not if stepping through lines.

I wonder if you'll find something here useful

Option Explicit

Sub BreakAWBLinks()
Dim myName As Name
Dim WorkbookLinks As Variant
Dim i As Long
Dim myWB As Excel.Workbook

Set myWB = ActiveWorkbook

WorkbookLinks = myWB.LinkSources(Type:=xlLinkTypeExcelLinks)
If Not IsArray(WorkbookLinks) Then
MsgBox "No Links to other workbooks in workbook"
End
End If

For i = LBound(WorkbookLinks) To UBound(WorkbookLinks)
myWB.BreakLink _
Name:=WorkbookLinks(i), _
Type:=xlLinkTypeExcelLinks
Next i

MsgBox ("Workbook links broken")

HTH,

Barb Reinhardt

"Brian S" wrote:

Hello,

If I run my macro code it errors at a specific spot each time, but if I
break before and step through the code and resume it works. The error comes
affter the delete "Sheet1".

Any advice? Here are the specifc lines if it helps:
h = Sheets.Count
Dim wbA As Workbook
Dim wbNew As Workbook
With Application
SheetsInWb = .SheetsInNewWorkbook
.SheetsInNewWorkbook = 1
.DisplayAlerts = False
.ScreenUpdating = False
End With
Set wbA = ThisWorkbook
Set wbNew = Workbooks.Add
With wbNew
.SaveAs Filename:="C:\Documents and Settings\ty756c\My
Documents\contract project\" & programname & ".xls"
End With
hh = h - 5
hhh = 1
For copysheet = 1 To hh
wbA.Sheets(5 + hhh).Copy wbNew.Sheets(hhh)
hhh = hhh + 1
Next copysheet
wbNew.Sheets("Sheet1").Delete
ActiveWorkbook.BreakLink Name:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\ty756c\Desktop\nbfgraph macro.xls",
Type:= _
xlExcelLinks
ActiveWorkbook.Save
ActiveWorkbook.Close