Anne Troy

Sorry. You're right. I'm thinking you don't want what I use, and mine's
checked. But you do want to see the windows, so...

What all the rest of it has to do with this question, I don't know; they
seem unrelated. Please UNCHECK ignore other applications because it usually
causes problems.

Windows has a setting under My Computer, Tools--Folder options, General
tab, for whether you want to single-or double-click a file to open it. You
should visit that.

Otherwise, if you're still not seeing multiple windows in the taskbar, and
you've got it checked, then likely it's something else with Excel, and
here's some troubleshooting steps:
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Anne,

If anything, what you suggest would result in the oposite of what I
want, wouldn't it?

I tried it anyway, and I get the shortcuts to open all the documents
using the same instance but there's only one icon in the taskbar for 3
documents.

I did a bit of tweaking, as follows:

Checked the "Ignore other applications" box in settings/general.
Went to explorer's file associations, and disabled DDE there.
I also added quotation marks around the %1 after excel (that took are
of the problem I was having with files with multi-word names.

Seems to be doing what I want, except that if I click on a shortcut
more than once, excel tries to open a file that's already open in
another instance, a second time.

Am I going in the right direction here?

Thanks!

Alex