Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams[_2_] Tim Williams[_2_] is offline

Default Copying recordset multiple times using copyfromrecordset

try

rs05.Movefirst

before the second CopyFromRecordset

Tim

"JasonC" wrote in message
We recently caught this issue but found out after research, that this has
been occuring all year. This code worked in the past, but I am not sure if
there was an Excel update that occurred which changed the behavior of the
script. What we are trying to do is to have a recordset pasted twice into
two
seperate worksheets. It is pasting without issue in the first
copyfromrecordset, but then it skips over the second paste (even when
stepping through the code). I know that it is not the worksheet we are
copying into because I can reverse the 'first paste/second paste' (see
label
in code below) code and the problem then occurs with the first paste .
Here
are code snippets that isolate the problem area:

Dim conn As New ADODB.Connection

rs05.Open "SELECT * FROM [Store Query]", conn, adOpenDynamic

With xlApp
.Visible = True
.Workbooks.Open xlPath & xlBkNamePRINT
Set xlBkPRINT = .ActiveWorkbook
.Workbooks.Open xlPath & xlBkNameQTD
Set xlBkQTD = .ActiveWorkbook
.Workbooks.Open xlPath & xlBkNameWK
Set xlBkWK = .ActiveWorkbook
End With

'First paste
xlBkWK.Activate
xlBkWK.Worksheets("Environmental Step 3").Activate
xlApp.Range("C5").CopyFromRecordset rs05

'Second paste - this works when i paste it above the first paste snippet
xlBkQTD.Activate
xlBkQTD.Worksheets("Environmental Step 3").Activate
xlApp.Range("C5").CopyFromRecordset rs05