Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rolf[_5_] Rolf[_5_] is offline

Default Format time to hh:mm? and 24h?

Thank you for your suggestion! I will show my bigger problem then it easier
to find the right solution( in the general list). Rolf
"fisch4bill" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
How about this:

Sub HoursAndMinutes()
Dim aTime As String

aTime = "10:31:42"
MsgBox Left(aTime, Len(aTime) - 3)

End Sub

All this does is chop the seconds and colon off the end of the initial
string, and doesn't require the additional variables or code steps.

HTH
Bill

"Rolf Edberg" wrote:

Hi
I am trying to get time to format to only show hour and minutes (no
seconds). But this code does not work. How shall I do?
And how can I make it to show 24h in stead of AM/PM?
The Region Date and Time on my pc is changed to English(USA) to simplify
it.

Thanks
Rolf

Sub HoursAndMinutes()