Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
McRibIsBack McRibIsBack is offline

Default Simple Array

I'm trying that, but when I copy the forumula it tries to updates the cells,
but I need the formula in a few hundred rows so i just need it to update the
lookup value and NOT the lookup vector. Is that possible?

what's happening now:

This is copied from A2: "=LOOKUP(B2, P1:Q30, Q1:Q30)"
To A3 as: "=LOOKUP(B3, P2:Q31, Q2:Q31)"

What I need to happen:

A3 = "=LOOKUP(B3, P1:Q30, Q1:Q30)"
A4 = "=LOOKUP(B4, P1:Q30, Q1:Q30)" etc....

How do I fill the cells and only have the lookup value updated? It will
take me forever to manually fix each cell one by one :(

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Why not a simple VLOOKUP function using a table?
1 NC

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"McRibIsBack" wrote in message
Hi, I haven't used arrays in a while so forgive me. I'm converting
numeric
values that represent the U.S. states into the text values. If B1 = 1,
then
A1.value = NC, If B1 = 5, then A1.value = SC. I was making a case
structure
for this, but this will take me forever because I need to check every
state
AND I need to check the entire column "B"! I realized an array would be
better, but I can't remember how to build them correctly. Here is the
case
structure I was making:
Sub EntityCheck()

Select Case Range("B2").Value