Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Cell Interior Color

Your code works for me, once I wrapped some code around it. What
version of Excel are you using? You might want to post some compilable
code that illustrates the problem. Omit everything that is irrelevant,
and include code that reliably reproduces the problem.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
[email on web site]

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:39:02 -0800, Mike H.
wrote:

DataArray(Z, 2) = Cells(X, 1).Interior.ColorIndex
Cells(X, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = DataArray(Z, 2)

I go through a loop and if I execute both these lines on a cell, the
original cell color may be a light shade of purpose but after I set the color
to the same color, it is now a shade of gray! Why?