Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default inability to apply formulas

You can try to convert them if they are Text as follows:

Sub fixum()
For Each r In Selection
v = r.Value
r.Clear
r.NumberFormat = "General"
r.Value = v
Next
End Sub

First save your work. Then select some cells. Then run the macro.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"Paul Roche" wrote:

I am need of some assistance. Please let me know if you can help me re-format
some data.
I copied data from a list and saved it into an excel spreadsheet. When I
attempt to apply a formula to this data I get VALUE errors.
I can re-key the numbers into the same cells and then the formula will work??
How can I convert, or re-format this data (it is all numbers) into a
recognizable format? I have over 13,200 cells to work with.
Thanks for your assistance in addvancxe.
--
Paul