Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Neil Humphries Neil Humphries is offline

Default Hyperlink opens word template for editting, not as new documen

I've been there, done that, and it didn't work.

If I just type the shortcut name as "Shortcut to Mytemplate.dotm" I get a
file not found error.

If I type the shortcut name as "Shortcut to Mytemplate.dotm.lnk" it opens
the template file for editting, not a new document based on the template.

I am using Excel as a menu for 100 users so they don't have to know where
the files and templates are kept on the server.

"Héctor Miguel" wrote:

hi, Neil !

I have created hyperlinks to Word documents and templates in Excel.
Clicking the hyperlinks causes the templates to open in Word for editting.
I need to have the templates open new documents based on the templates.
How can I do this?

create shortcuts (.lnk) to the template document and hyperlink to that shortcut
see - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278627

hth,
hector.

.