Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default RefEdit Exit not firing

Hi again Paul,

I have managed to lock up the system by calling another sub. It appears to
be loosing a connection and/or reference between the objects when calling
subs.

A few questions and comments.

What version of xl are you using? (I have been testing in xl2007 but I also
have xl2002 and can get access to xl2003 at times.)

What reference style are you using? (A1:B2 etc or R1C1 style because R1C1
has problems.

Have you tried putting the validation code in the Private Sub SrcRef_Exit
instead of calling another routine? With my testing it appears to work
probably because it does not loose the connections between objects.

Modeless forms also cause lockups. Need to have showModal property = true
(or when showing the form with code it must be modal.)

Can you post the code you are using for the validation then perhaps I can do
some further testing.

Any errors in the code do not necessary cause the code to stop at the error.
It either ignores the sub and it does not run or locks up the system.
Therefore compile all code before running. (click on Debug - compile.)

OssieMac