Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default How to find a number from a given data range?

You can do it with formulas; Before that just few queries

--Since you have posted in Excel Programming group confirm whether you are
looking for a VBA solution or formulas

--Also suggest you to post some examples of your data and let us know what
you expect if a search string is found and what if not found.

--
Jacob

"Roshan" wrote:

Dear Friends

I need to search the prize list of a scheme for those numbers which I have
with me. I tried the Excel Formulas like "IF", "MATCH", "LOOKUP", "ISNA",
"INDEX", used separately and in different combinations but failed. The above
formulas are only helpful if you search through a single coulmn but for a
range of column data they dont work and always gives error. Please help me.
Thanks.