Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Bridges[_2_] Bob Bridges[_2_] is offline

Default Excel with internet exp freezing up

Accessor, it happens this is something I've been playing with myself, the
last year or two. I didn't try to work through your code and understand it
all, but I can add a few things that you may or may not already have known:

1) I don't know what your real target URL is, but I've found there are a few
web sites that literally never stop loading, for some reason. Usually I need
only selected fields from a given page, so as soon as those fields have been
loaded I don't care about the rest; that doesn't cause a problem. But if I
need the whole page - if I'm trying to run it through my MapPage routine, for
example (which creates an Excel page with 1500 or 2500 rows, one for each
field in the page, showing its ChildNodes tree structure, field ID, inner
HTML etc) - then the only way I can map such pages is to intercept the run
after it's loaded as far as it's going to go and cause the logic to skip the
test for the full end.

2) Maybe you already know how to do this, but if your code "hangs" then it
probably is in a loop somewhere. You can find out where, and subsequently
follow and fix it, by hitting <Ctl-C and then stepping through the logic one
step at a time, watching the program move from one line to the next and
checking values as you go, in order to figure out exactly what's going on.
If you already know how to do that, I suggest you try it. If you don't, let
me know and I'll give you some pointers.