Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default cannot set range class?

"Steve" wrote in message

I guess I'm not entirely understanding the removal of the workbook file
names. It does not appear in the final equation. Only in the
"intermediary"
name.

Would it not still view the intermediary and final equations the same?

As discussed, the Address function with External:=True returns the fully
qualified address with sheet and file names. In a cell formula qualification
to sheet is only required where necessary to refer to a different sheet, and
similarly qualification to the file name if the reference is in another
workbook. An unnecessary qualification to the file-name entered into a
formula will get discarded.

Looking back at the code you posted you also gave these details
MyRng address is ShtNm!$F$5:$F$100
MyRngA address is $C$10:$C45
MyRng2 address is $G$10:$G10
MyRng3 address is $F10

If all the above ranges, except MyRng, are on the same sheet as the eventual
formula cell you don't need to use the External:=True argument in the
respective Address factions at all. If MyRng is on another sheet in the same
wb it will need the qualification to the sheet, but not the file-name.

Another way to get the address qualified to the sheet-name (but not file
name) is like this

sRef = "'" & MyRng.Parent.Name & "'!" & MyRng.Address

The embracing apostrophes are sometimes required depending on certain
characters in the sheet-name, eg a space, but will get discarded in the
formula if not required.

If you've got lots of ref's to the same sheet, simplify your VBA code with
something like this

sSht = "'" & MyRng.Parent.Name & "'!"
sMyRng = sSht & MyRng.Address

If you don't need the Absolute references you can avoid returning the $ to
reduce the formula a little like this -

MyRng.Address(0, 0)

If you can get the formula below 255 without resorting to the workaround
it'll mean it can subsequently be edited manually.

Onto the crux.....
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, I take my VBA equation, truncate
it
at anything less than what WOULD become the 255 character limit, and
insert,
instead, a trigger element, to have more code replace it.
For the moment, I have each part split almost in half, so each part would
not exceed the 200 character mark, without the file already being
incredibly
overwhelming/long name, long sheet names.

I'm working it, but it's still vague to me...
Again, thank you for your assistance/help.

Not quite sure what you mean here and the "trigger element".

Regards,
Peter T