Kanaski79

No not realy. I have a record number in a group of merged cells. Should
have used that before I said the wrong name sorry. I want to use a lookup to
find the record number (which is a merged cell group), find out how many
cells that takes up (it can vary in the report I'm working with), then return
the largest number (date, but it just depends on how you format the cells).
Complicated I know. I have been racking my brain for weeks trying to figure
out if this is even possible.

Thanks for your expertise.

Kevin Kanaski

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

By linked group do you mean a named range?

If so
=COUNTA(your_range)
=MAX(your_range)

Regards

Roger Govier

Kanaski79 wrote:
I am looking for a way to count how many cells are in a linked group. Then
using this as a range starting at the first cell in the liked group (but a
different column) find the greatest number in the range of cells.