Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chechu Chechu is offline

Default Help needed: How to adjust the SUM range??€

Hi, I am needing some help. I have a simple project planning, where
phases and tasks are entered, and hours assigned by resource. I want
to allow the user to add new phases and tasks. I mostly know how to do
it, but I need some help or guidance on one thing: Each phase total
hoours is the SUM of the task hours within the phase.
How do I add a new phase with the SUM formula there if I still don't
have the final number of tasks within the phase?? I would think about
offset, but it slows calcs and I would prefer to avoid it. May also
update the SUM range when a new task is added..... Any ideas???

EXAMPLE:
Resource 1 Resource 2Resource 3
Phase 1 0 0 0
Task 1
Task 2
Task 3
Phase 2 0 0 0
Task 1
Task 2
……

Thanks in advance, great value on this forum.
Cecilia