Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Issue with INDIRECT function.

Using INDIRECT(DA2) works for me. I'm just guessing here, but do you have
quote marks around the text in DA2? If so, remove them.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"LABKHAND" wrote in message
Hi Paul,

I removed the quotes but i get #REF error.

"Paul" wrote:

Try removing the " from around DA2

=NETWORKDAYS($CK3,$CK3+14,INDIRECT(DA2))

--
If the post is helpful, please consider donating something to an animal
charity on my behalf.

"LABKHAND" wrote:

Hi All,

I have the following formula in cell A1 :
=NETWORKDAYS($CK3,$CK3+14,FY09_Holidays) which works fine. But I am
trying
to change this formula so that I use a target cell's value (DA2) to
replace
the "FY09_Holidays" string in the above formula. So if DA2 has the
value of
FY09_Holidays, then I tried using the INDIRECT function in cell A1 this
way:

=NETWORKDAYS($CK3,$CK3+14,INDIRECT("DA2")).

This gives me a value error! Some sort of wrong data type error!

If this function works, my code will be very flexible for the following
years since I can just change the value of DA2 cell to FY10_Holidays
without
a need to change the cell formulas using the networkdays function all
over my
workbook.

BTW, when I insert the function =INDIRECT("DA2") in another cell, I do
get
the "FY09_Holidays" value returned. so I am not sure what is going on
when it
is part of the above networkdays function!

Can you please help?