Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joe User[_2_] Joe User[_2_] is offline

Default How to reorder/rename modules?

As I developed and reorganized VBA code, I inserted new modules, which were
numbered sequentially, e.g. Module1, Module2, Module3.

In hindsight, I would like the modules in the order Module3, Module1,
Module2.

Then I would like to rename them in sequential order again; that is,
Module3 - Module1, Module1 - Module2, and Module2 - Module3.

Even better, I would like to give each module a more descriptive name.

How can I do that?

Of course, if I don't mind calling the modules 4, 5 and 6, I can simply
insert new modules, cut-and-paste the text appropriately, then remove
modules 1, 2 and 3.

Alternatively, in this case, the Excel worksheets have nothing useful.
(Their contents are created by the macros.) So I could simply create a new
workbook, insert modules 1, 2 and 3, then cut-and-paste the text from one
workbook into appropriate modules in the other.

But I wonder if I am overlooking the obvious and much more straight-forward
way to accomplish this.