Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Chart sheet causing error

If you keep it as type worksheet, you HAVE to outsort the charts, otherwise
it will just fail as you have found.

HTH

Bob

"Gustaf" wrote in message
You're right. The ws variable is indeed defined as Worksheet. It's
preferred, because that's how it's done in the rest of the project.
However, I don't think outsorting the charts would work, because the error
occurs already on the "Next" line, before returning to the top of the
loop.

Gustaf

Bob Phillips wrote:
You probably have ws defined as a variable of type worksheet. Either
change it to Object, or outsort the charts n the code.

HTH

Bob

"Gustaf" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm having a problem at the last line of this code:

For Each ws In Workbooks(sFile).Sheets
If ... Then
cboSheet.AddItem ws.Name
End If
Next

The problem occurs when I step into a chart sheet, which results in a
type mismatch error. Why does that happen how do you handle that?

Gustaf