Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Wildcard in change event ??

code to look at the result of "Tracey HP"

Are you only looking at the characters after the last space, if there is one

Regards,
Peter T

"Tracey" wrote in message
Cell A1 in sheet 2 has a formula of:-
Sheet1!A1&" "&Sheet1!B1 giving a result of "Tracey HP"

The event code is currently:-

Dim colour As Integer

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A100")) Is Nothing Then
Select Case Target
Case Is = "HP"
colour = 41
Case Is = "PNL"
colour = 10
Case Is = "PCL"
colour = 35
Case Is = "HV"
colour = 6
Case Is = "PM"
colour = 3
Case Is = "TSTC"
colour = 2
Case Else
'do nothing
End Select

Target.Interior.ColorIndex = colour

This is looking for exact matches but, if possible I would like the event
code to look at the result of "Tracey HP" and trigger the colour change
because it has found a 'like' result of "HP".

My final sheet will have approx 30-50 lines of data with different names
and
codes.

--
Tracey @ BrisVegas

"Don Guillett" wrote:

examples and your code?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Tracey" wrote in message
Is it possible to use a wildcard in change event code

Case Is = "HP"
colour = 41

Can the Case Is be used to look for instances of "HP" amongst other
text
like a concatenate formula?
--
Tracey @ BrisVegas