Dave Peterson

I don't know how to change that behavior in Excel.

But after I'm ticked off enough, I'll use the mouse to get close, then switch to
the arrow keys to select my cell with the hyperlink.

(Actually, I'm getting used to remember to hold that mouse button just a little
longer--it only took a couple of years!)

MPH55a wrote:

Is there a way to allow hyperlinks to be activated in Excel in the same way
as Word
- that is by holding the control down while click on the hyperlink.
I'm getting a lot of unintentional hyperlink activations when the mouse is
moved to a cell for editing, and it's unintuitive (difficult) to remember to
hold without releasing the click to do this.
I'm surprised the uniformity in the Office products didn't yield this
operation.

--

Dave Peterson