Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Shazbot79 Shazbot79 is offline

Default Run time 9 error for some users but not everyone

The range points to one cell. If it helps, the error previously
occurred when trying to populate Combobox1 with a named range which
was on another sheet, but it threw out a 1004:runtime error method
'range' of object'_Global failed so I changed the code to

ComboBox1.AddItem "A&D" 'ListIndex = 0
ComboBox1.AddItem "A&D MANAGER" 'ListIndex = 1
ComboBox1.AddItem "DEPARTMENT MANAGER" 'ListIndex = 2
ComboBox1.AddItem "PROGRAMME" 'ListIndex = 3
ComboBox1.AddItem "PROGRAMME MANAGER" 'ListIndex = 4
ComboBox1.AddItem "SERVICE" 'ListIndex = 5
ComboBox1.AddItem "SERVICE MANAGER" 'ListIndex = 6
ComboBox1.AddItem "TECHNICAL" 'ListIndex = 7
ComboBox1.AddItem "TECHNICAL MANAGER" 'ListIndex = 8

and it then failed on the next attempt to use a named range....
TextBox8.Value = Sheets("User ID Control List").Range("userid").Value

It makes me think that perhaps it is something to do with access to
these ranges but other than that I'm stumped. The fact that it only
affects some users and not all throws me too.