JRH

Close, but I need to take the sum from the calculation
=E12-(POWER(D12,2)/(C12)) and then sqrt that divided by (c12-1).
=E12-(POWER(D12,2)/C12)=SQRT(b16/c12-1) . So my question is how do I
combine all this to happen in one line? Rather then generating the product
from =E12-(POWER(D12,2)/(C12)) in one cell and then doing another operation
SQRT(b16/c12-1) in another cell because I have to get that result from the
initial equation and put it into the second equation.

Thanks greatly!!

"Michael" wrote in message
Hi
Do you mean
=E12-(POWER(D12,2)/(C12-1))

HTH
Michael

"JRH" wrote:

=E12-(POWER(D12,2)/C12)

=c12-1

=SQRT(b16/c13)

I want to write the above formulas into one single formula but I keep
getting hung up on subtracting 1 from the cell in c12

How do I get the cell c12 to subtract the value of 1, so that it becomes

the
new value in the equation but is not changing the actual value in c12?

Logically:

I have 200 in cell c12 I want to subtract 1 from c12 so that the value

for
computation becomes 199 and then I sqrt the value in cell b16/c12-1. The
value in cell c12 remains 200 it does not change I just need to automate
that whatever number is in c12 would be subtracted by 1 during the
computation I'm wanting to do this all in one formula

Help? Any ideas

Thanks -

JRH