Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
warren dwyer warren dwyer is offline

Default how do I create a random list whilst keeping some entries fromrandomizing?

I need to create a large number of randomly sorted lists from a single master list (random team order per event based on a list of teams entered for all events). Some of the entries must remain in the same order in each list, but the remaining entries must be shuffled.

ie. Teams are A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K and L . CD and HJK must always appear in the same order. Therefore B.CD.ME.HJK.FAGL, AF.HJK.GMLEB.CD, HJK.FL.CD.EBAGM etc are all valid solutions.

I can create a fully random list easily, but can't find an easy way to keep the important entries in the same order.

Cheers
Waz.

Look Ma, No DataBase! Bamboo Prevalence
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...abase-bam.aspx