Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_] Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_] is offline

Default select case to replace text with different text

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:28:54 -0600, "John" wrote:

I'm trying to use a Select Case in a Private Sub Worksheet_Change event to
do the following:

if I type w in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with WIDGETS
if I type g in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with GIDGETS

seems like it should be simple but I can't come up with the code.

Try this:

If Not Intersect(ActiveSheet.Range("B:B"), Target) Is Nothing Then
Select Case Target.Value
Case "w"
Target.Value = "WIDGETS"
Case "g"