Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Flanagan Robert Flanagan is offline

Default Locking the VBA Project

John, try the Password Prompt Fixer at
http://www.add-ins.com/password_problem.htm. Most likely it is Google
Desktop. If the exe doesn't fix, try the manual instructions.

Robert Flanagan
http://www.add-ins.com

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I remember (mis-remember???) a similar problem.

I was trying to record a macro in a workbook that had it's project
protected.
The action of starting to record a macro actually creates a new module in
that
protected project. And I got that prompt when I tried to close.

But this was in xl97. I just tried the same thing in xl2003 and no prompt
when
closing.

Sorry it didn't help.

John wrote:

More info:
Is it normal the first time only you go to the VBA Editor and select your
project, you are ask for the password but if you press cancel instead of
typing
in the password I get a popup menu " System Error&H80004005
(-2147467259)"
That error only happens one the first time you go in that menu.
John
"John" wrote in message
Hi Again
Not true the information I gave you about Userform.
I did more test and from previous post
I opened a new workbook and recorded a simple select range, erase.
this one is not asking for the password.
It's not asking for the password only if you don't go to the VBA editor
and
try to open it.
I'm lost
Regards
John
"John" wrote in message
Hi Dave
Thanks for your reply.
AFAIK I've got nothing working in the background.
Computer is 2 years old running Windows Vista, MS Office 2003
I tried different script and it looks like the userform are causing
the
problem.
I'm using RefEdit control, could that be a problem.
Regards
John
"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Any chance you have an older version of Google Desktop Search (or
some
desktop
search utility) running?

This was a problem with the google version (a longggggggg time ago).
But it
was
fixed pretty quickly. If you're running GDS, then try getting a new
copy.

John wrote:

Hi Everyone
In the Project menu, I selected my project, right click "VBA Project
Properties". The Tab -Protection, I check mark "Lock Project for
Viewing"
with password. That works fine.
Problem:
If someone use any macro in that workbook, then before closing the
workbook it
request a Password and you can't cancel that menu.
I don't get it, maybe I'm at the wrong place to protect my project
from
view.
Can enyone enlighten me.

Regards