Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default Record time peroid to run code

didn't do too much testing, but see if this works for you:

dim startTime as date
dim endTime as date
dim tTime as date
starttime = Now()
' your code
endTime = Now()
tTime = (endTime - startTime) * 86400
Debug.Print WorksheetFunction.Floor(tTime / 60, 1) & " minutes " & tTime Mod 60
& " seconds"

or you can use a msgbox instead of the debug.print statement

msgbox WorksheetFunction.Floor(tTime / 60, 1) & " minutes " & tTime Mod 60 & "
seconds"

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"gotroots" wrote in message
Hi folks
Thanks for all the advice.

I went for Mike H. approach as it will deal with the midnight issue.

My test returned 1786.469

It would be helpful if the result can be in the hh:mm:ss format.

Thank you

"Mike H" wrote:

it would help if I read my code before posting it:(

Try this instead

Start = Timer
'Your code

MsgBox Timer - Start

Mike

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Timer is the number of seconds since midnight so this will fail if the code
runs over midnight

Dim runtime As Long
Start = Timer
'Your code
MsgBox = Timer - Start

Mike

"gotroots" wrote:

Hi

Is there a msgbox method that will record the length of time it take for
code to complete its execution.

Thank you.