Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Excel export to Access - Run-time error 1004

Hi again Ralph,

As you are having problems with the various cell contents (dates etc) I
would consider copying all of the data to a separate worksheet and then
simply import that to an Access table. All of the numberformats should then
work fine.

OssieMac

"Ralph" wrote:

thanks, I've written Barbara with a few questions. I was able to get my
method to work after fixing the "O"s and a few other changes to the cell
data. I did have to change everything to text because I don't the skills to
handle dates and numbers which some of the fields are. Is that a relatively
simple thing? I'll be transmitting the data once collected in the Access
table and need to conform to predefined field values. I can formate the data
once in Access but it might be easier to keep as much of it as I can when
uploading it from Excel to Access.

Thanks again,
Ralph

"OssieMac" wrote:

Hi again Ralph,

I decided to do a search for where you have zeros instead of alpha O and
found quite a few. In your VBA editor, select the section of code and use the
Edit - Find and enter a zero and you will find them all.

Note that I think that Barbara's answer is the better solution. However,
personally I would modify the following so that I did not have to work out
the column number of CQ. It then becomes self documenting for the column Id
and easy to modify if required.

lastCol = Columns("CQ").Column
'Then use in following
For myCol = 1 To lastCol