Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz[_2_] JLGWhiz[_2_] is offline

Default Run Time error on file name

You are right about the Subscript out of Range message. It says the name
you are using cannot be found. Some reasons, the name does not exist, the
search is directed to the wrong place or the file with that name is not open
You stated that the problem occurred when you forgot to include something
during an update and you want to fix it after the workbook has been updated
and saved.

1. You previously stated that you would save the update info to the
workbook running the code. That should provide access to data that will
repopulate the UserForm when you click the update button.

2. To fix the workbook that was saved with missing info, it will need to be
opened again.

3. You should be able to then modify the UserForm data and resave the
workbook with corrections made.

Where did I miss it?

"Brian" wrote in message
Everything works exactly as it should. When you open an exsisiting Work
Book
it fills in the User Form from the Hidden Sheet in the Work Book, but when
you change or add anything to the User Form and click on Update again it
gives you a run Time Error 9, Subscript out of range.

'Update Engineering Spec Control Button(Sheet 1)
Private Sub Update_Engineer_Spec_10_Click()

With Workbooks("Master Engineering Spec.xlsm").Sheets("COVER SHEET")
ERROR

The only thing I can think of is that the file name is not ("Master
Engineering Spec.xlsm"). Remember the file name is assigned as follows:

'Save Engineering Spec 11 Control Button
Private Sub Save_Engineering_Spec_11_Click()

Dim strFile As String
Dim fileSaveName As Variant
Dim myMsg As String

strFile = "SPEC " & CLLI_Code_1.Value _
& Space(1) & TEO_No_1.Value _
& Space(1) & CES_No_1.Value _
& Space(1) & TEO_Appx_No_2.Value

fileSaveName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename _
(InitialFileName:=strFile, _
fileFilter:="Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook(*.xlsm),(*.xlsm")

If fileSaveName < False Then
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
fileSaveName, _
FileFormat:=xlOpenXMLWorkbookMacroEnabled, _
CreateBackup:=False
Else
MsgBox prompt:=Engineer_2.Value & vbLf & "You canceled saving the
Engineering Spec." & vbCrLf & _
"Engineering Spec was not Saved.", _
Title:="C.E.S."

I was wondering if adding another set of update buttons work fix this
problem.
There will be a set for New Work Books and a set for Exsisiting Work
Books.

The New Work Book will Look for the Name "Master Engineering Spec.xlsm".

The Exsisitng Work Book will Look for the Name
strFile = "SPEC " & CLLI_Code_1.Value _
& Space(1) & TEO_No_1.Value _
& Space(1) & CES_No_1.Value _
& Space(1) & TEO_Appx_No_2.Value

Either that or change the New Work Book to the name as the same varible as
Exsisiting Work Book. That way no matter Which Work Book is open it will
see
the "Spec" in the name and update it.

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

Brian, I thought that was one of the functions of the button to
repopulate
the form, to allow for updates to previously entered data. Is this the
part
that is not working? I read Dave's answer about the different workbook
name
and that would present a problem if you are trying to recall the data
from
that workbook. But I had the impression that you were storing the data
recover in the master workbook and would then resave the updates in the
job
workbook. Maybe my concept was all screwed up.

"Brian" wrote in message
I have this code when I go to update a new workbook, but once the
workbook
is
updated and saved, it will not allow you to reupdate it. I think the
reason
is because it's looking for the workbook "Master Engineering Spec.xlsm"
and
that is not the workbook name.

Here is the sequence I am following.
1: Open User Form
2: Open New Engineering Spec (Control Button
"Open_New_Engineer_Spec_8")
3: Fill in the user Form
4: Update Engineering Spec (Control Button "Update_Engineer_Spec_10"
5: Save Engineering Spec workbook (I automaticaly assigns the name.

Now here is where the problem is. You forgot to fill in something on
the
User Form. So you go back and put it in, then you click on the Control
Button
"Update_Engineer_Spec_10" and you get a run Time Error message.

How can I get around this so that it updates the workbook? Do I need to
add
another Control Button to up date exsisting worksbooks?

'Update Engineering Spec Control Button(Sheet 1)
Private Sub Update_Engineer_Spec_10_Click()

With Workbooks("Master Engineering Spec.xlsm").Sheets("COVER SHEET")
'Job Address Information
.Range("A09").Value = Me("Office_1").Value
.Range("A10").Value = Me("Address_11").Value
.Range("A11").Value = Me("Address_12").Value
.Range("A12").Value = Me("City_1").Value
.Range("B12").Value = Me("State_1").Value
.Range("C12").Value = Me("Zip_Code_1").Value

More Code Here, but same as above.

End With

.