Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Exec. Lt. GMP[_2_] Exec. Lt. GMP[_2_] is offline

Default Averaging Time

thank you i will try

LTGP

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

I have assumed you time in is in column A and out in column B. Use this in
column C to get the 'Held time'

=(B2-A2+(B2<A2))

Note that this works for time over midnight

Now average column C in the normal way

=AVERAGE(C2:C6)

Note if you multiply this last fromula by 24 and format as general you get
the answer in decimal.

Mike

"Exec. Lt. GMP" wrote:

SIGN IN RELEASE TOTAL TIME
20:20 1:37 5:17
20:20 1:43 5:23
21:07 3:20 6:13
21:30 23:40 2:10
0:20 0:39 0:19

AVG SIGN IN TO RELEASE" 13:28

THIS AVERAGE SHOULD NOT BE 13 HOURS AND 28 MINUTES

ARGUEMENTS USED BELOW

=SUM(24-B5) +(C5) TO GET TOTAL TIME
=AVERAGE(D67:D71) TO GET AVERAGE

This is a copy spread sheet and formulas, I was given to determine how long
it takes for a Prisoner to bond out of jail.

I think the problem may be with entering 00:00 ( Midnight )to 00:59 (12:59
am) into a cell

what is wrong with this formula, I am attempting to average hours and
minutes.

GP