Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Mac Dave Mac is offline

Default VBA ADODB Automation - Truncated Memo Fields

Hi there,

Am hoping someone can help me here because I've exhausted most
avenues.

Am retrieving data from my MSAccess db using ADODB recordset. However
the Memo fields are truncated.

I understand that memo fields using the Groupby clause do get
truncated, but am using First() to aggregate.

This works, however some of my Memo fields can be Null so I have been
using an IIF(isNull(),,) to test and thereby is my problem. This ends
up truncating the field even though I use first() as shown below...

First( iif( isNull([Memo]),'',[Memo])))

It works using the IIF function, but I get errors through automation
when Null fields are retrieved.

It seems to be a catch22 problem. Has anyone experienced this or have
any workarounds?

Kind regards,
David