Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GaiGauci GaiGauci is offline

Default delete all lines after finding criteria

Hi all, I seem to be asking lots of questions today- I think I must have run
over a black cat!

I tried to modify some code I found to delete all rows after finding the
words "end of report". I download a report to SAP and I am trying to tidy it
up.

I tested the code and it worked so I cut it into a much larger code that
does a whole lot of things, this being just one of. Here's the code I used:

'delete lines after the word "End of Report"

fr = Columns(1).Find("End Of Report").Row
lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row
Rows(fr & ":" & lr).Delete

It comes up wtih a run time error 91- object required.

I am only self taught - or should I say user group taught. I just don't get
the whole object thing despite trying to read the manual. I know I have to
set the variable for fr and lr. lr =lastrow and I think I can just replace lr
with Lastrow, however, what do I do for the first row of the range (i.e. fr)?

Any help would be appreciated. I feel quite dumb not getting it. :(

Cheers
Gai