Bill Martin

Default Which Macro Runs...?

Over time I've accumulated a lot of macros I've written for various things. And
inevitably, sometimes they get the same Ctrl key assigned to them since they're
not expected to both be active at once.

Occasionally however I'll have one spreadsheet just parked in the background
while I quickly check or touch another. I keep getting screwed up when I try to
execute a macro on the active sheet, but one from the idle sheet executes
instead -- totally screwing up my active data.

It would seem there would be some way to tell Excel that when there's unexpected
conflict, just execute the macro from the active sheet. I haven't been able to
stumble into it however.

Is there a general solution to this general problem, or must I be more rigorous
in not assigning the same letter to two different macros in unrelated
spreadsheets? Which of course would beg the question what to do when more than
26 macros exist in my total Excel system...

Thanks...

Bill