Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joe User[_2_] Joe User[_2_] is offline

Default Why messages fail to appear on MSNews server

"joel" wrote:
I have a Few of questions

Pretending that this is not the troll that it obviously is....

1) does the MSNews server filter response from
postings that originate from other servers. ?

I don't know. I have not seen any evidence of that. But I have determined
that the problem I am reporting is unrelated to the source of the message;
and it affects "new" messages as well as responses.

2) Microsoft has at least two user groups. Is MSNews
server only posting listings from Microsoft user Groups?

No.

3) Is this problem related to the fact that the Microsoft User Group
stops sending emails to responses on a regualr basis?

No.

4) Don't you think it is better to move to one of the non-microsoft
user groups that don't have problems?

Non sequitur.

There are probably many thousands of people who read and participate in the
MS Excel newsgroups alone, not to mention the many other MS NGs that are
probably also impacted. (Certainly m.p.test.here is ;-.). We cannot
control what server they use to read the NGs.

1) does the MSNews server filter response from postings that originate
from other servers. ?

2) Microsoft has at least two user groups. Is MSNews server only
posting listings from Microsoft user Groups?

3) Is this problem related to the fact that the Microsoft User Group
stops sending emails to responses on a regualr basis?

4) Don't you think it is better to move to one of the non-microsoft
user groups that don't have problems? Microsoft doesn't seem to care
that their. webservers don't work properly.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

Microsoft Office Help