Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Cell Naming

It has been my experience with xl2003 that when you type in the name in
either place, IF you are on the desired sheet, excel will FILL IN the sheet
name for you.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Yes.

When you name the range--either by typing in the namebox (to the left of
the
formula bar) or by using the Insert|name dialog, make sure you include the
name
of the sheet.

'Sheet 1'!Area1

(since "Sheet 1" (with the space character) requires the name be in single
quotes/apostrophes.)

"Bruce A. Julseth" wrote:

Can I use a name twice in a workbook, only in different sheets? That is
say can I have Name "Area1" for "Sheet 1!$A$1:$F$10" and also have Name
"Area!" for "Sheet2!$A$1:$F$14"

I tried the above but it didn't work. I'm not sure if it can't be done or
did something wrong.

Thanks for the help..

--

Dave Peterson