Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
michdenis michdenis is offline

Default in a macro how to make a part of the formula a variable

Hi,

and this,

'-----------------------------------
Dim Path As String, File As String, Sh As String

Path = "c:\"
File = "Test.xlam"
Sh = "Sheet1"
ref = "A2"

ActiveCell.Formula = "='" & Path & "[" & File & "]" & Sh & "'!" & _
Range(ref).Address(, , A1)
'-----------------------------------

"Celia" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion
: ...
I am trying to copy a cell from one file into another file in a macro. There
are hundreds of files all linking to the same cell so I thought I would set
the formula up so that is has a variable for the filename but I can't figure
out the syntax. The formula should link to cell $r$16 in worksheet
"monthly" in the changing file name and the variable I used for the
changing file name is budget_file. The following didn't work. Can someone
tell me how to do this?

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=" & budget_file & 'monthly'!$r$16"

--
Celia