Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Crandal Robert Crandal is offline

Default Clever way to swap sheet names

Hi Bob. Do you know if there's a way that this swap function will
work without reordering the tab positions after the swap occurs??
I prefer that the tabs stay in place and only their names get
swapped.

thank you

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Not much you can do cleverly I would have thought, but here is one way

Public Sub Test()
Call SwapNames(Worksheets("Sheet2"), Worksheets("Sheet3"))
End Sub

Public Function SwapNames(sh1 As Worksheet, sh2 As Worksheet)
Dim tmp As String

tmp = sh1.Name
sh1.Name = sh2.Name & "_"
sh2.Name = tmp
sh1.Name = Left(sh1.Name, Len(sh1.Name) - 1)
End Function