Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Marsh Marsh is offline

Default Better Understanding

I am in the process of beginning to teach myself VBA for Excel 2007. The
primer I am using starts with recording macros, editing recorded macros, and
eventually moves on to writing code from scratch.
Question, I recorded a macro where I put a formula =sum(A:A) into cell C1.
The recorder coded this formula to
Range("C1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(C[-2])"
I am not sure I understand the syntax of the sum function. I do believe it
is indicating to select data 2 columns tot he left of column C, but does it
assume the data populates all cells that column, in this example column A.