Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz[_2_] JLGWhiz[_2_] is offline

Default Run-Time Error '424': Object required when Saving Document

bk.SaveAs Filename:=Application.GetSaveAsFilename(strFile) (Error
Message)

Change the above line to:

Set bk = SaveAsFilename:=Application.GetSaveAsFilename(strF ile)

Then add this line:

bk.Save

"Brian" wrote in message
When I try to save a Document from a User Form Control Button I get the
following Error. It happens when you go to save the Document and hit
Cancel.
If you save the Document it works perfect, but not when you Cancel it.

What I want to happen is the Message Pops Up. What did I do wrong & how do
fix it?

Run-Time Error '424': Object required

' Save Engineering Spec 11 Control Button

Private Sub Save_Engineering_Spec_11_Click()

Dim strFile As String

strFile = "SPEC " & TEO_No_1.Value _
& Space(1) & CLLI_Code_1.Value _
& Space(1) & CES_No_1.Value _
& Space(1) & TEO_Appx_No_2.Value

bk.SaveAs Filename:=Application.GetSaveAsFilename(strFile) (Error
Message)

If FileToSave = False Then

MsgBox "The Close Method Failed, No Document Saved", , "C.E.S."

Exit Sub

Thanks