Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
theLuggage theLuggage is offline

Default Problem copying table data as a picture onto chartsheet

I'm having a strange problem. I'm creating a special chart which has a pie
chart on it as well as some tabular data that is formatted the way we want it
on a worksheet, then pasted onto the chartsheet as a picture. (The pie chart
aspect is working fine. I'm just having a problem with the tabular data.)

When I copy the tabular data manually by selecting the data on the
worksheet, then going to the Home tab and choosing the Paste menu dropdown,
then "As Picture", then "Copy as picture...". In the resulting dialog box, I
choose "As shown on screen" and "Bitmap". Then I switch to the chartsheet
and paste the picture onto the sheet (I just hit ctrl-v).

The tablular data looks great.

Then I used the macro recorder to record those actions and here's the code I
get:
Sheets("ScratchArea").Select
Range("A22:B29").Select
Selection.CopyPicture Appearance:=xlScreen, Format:=xlBitmap
Sheets("Figure 21C").Select
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate
ActiveChart.Paste

When I run this code, all I get is a blank picture box on the Chartsheet.
The tabular data is not there inside the picture box.

I've tried different variations on the recorded code and they all give me
the same result. Here's one of those variations:

Sheets("ScratchArea").Select
Range("A22:B29").Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Figure 21C").Select
ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select
ActiveChart.Pictures.Paste.Select

Any help would be most appreciated. I can send sample worksheets if needed.