Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
childofthe1980s childofthe1980s is offline

Default adding lines of code to a macro to delete rows

Again, per my posting, I cannot rely on an exact row number.

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Since the word row in Column A that the word "Grand" is in was put there by
your code, then you already know the row number for it... just store that
**row number** in a variable at the same time you put the word "Grand" into
its cell, then at the end of your code, you can execute this statement to
clear that row downward...

Range(RowWithGrandVariable & ":" & Rows.Count).Clear

Of course, use your actual variable's name for the example variable name of
RowWithGrandVariable that I used above.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"childofthe1980s" wrote in
message ...
Hello:

As the last step of a macro that I have written, I need all rows at the
end
of this spreadsheet to be deleted. (The rows at the end of the
spreadsheet
have bogus data, and I need to get rid of all of those rows and leave just
rows of "real" data--long story short.)

Specifically, the row after the last row of "real" data is a cell in
column
A that simply contains the word "Grand". How do I put in code at the end
that says "delete all rows at the end of this spreadsheet beginning with
this
last row that contains just the word 'Grand' at the end of column A"?

At the moment, "Grand" is in cell A667. But, that is not going to be the
case everytime that I run this macro for this data. Next time, "Grand"
could
be in cell A748, A901, A820, who knows?.......So, I cannot simply put in
code
that says "delete all rows at the end of this spreadsheet beginning with
the
row at cell A667".

Thanks!

childofthe1980s